Lots of people fill job application forms hastily, only to make various mistakes that decrease their chances of success. In fact, this is one of the major reasons why their application forms often fail to land them an interview with their potential employer. You should consider certain key points before filling up a job application form as these can make or break your attempt. Here are some “secrets” for you to follow:
* Read the job application form – One major mistake made by people is that they do not read their forms carefully and this is often the prime reason why they make blunders in filling them up. It is highly recommended to read them carefully and understand what has been asked. When applying for a job in a company, it is suggested that you read about their history and what the company does before you apply. By doing, you should easily be able to answer the questions being asked in the form related to the company.
* Gather relevant information from the job ad -You can make use of an ad which gives the details about the job opening, as well as to take down various useful points related to the company and its requirements. This is one of the best ways by which you will be able to provide the correct questions in the job application form.
* Never leave spaces blank – Many people make the grave mistake of leaving certain fields and spaces blank. This must be avoided at all costs when filling up the job application form, as it may leave a bad impression on the employer when he reads it. In such cases, use NA which stands for Not Applicable. This way, the employer will get a clearer idea of what you are trying to say. Blank spaces must never be overlooked.
* Make use of appropriate examples – Whenever you are filling up a job application form for your company, use appropriate examples to backup what you think. This is one of the best ways to make your point clear to the interviewer. Of course, you must make sure that the example in use is actually relevant to the question you are answering.
* Get a sample job application form – This is the best practice on filling up forms. There are a lot of sample application forms available on the internet which you can easily download for practice. Doing so will allow you to familiarize yourself with the interface and various parameters often asked in a standard job application form. With sufficient practice, you should get comfortable filling up a job form the correct way very soon.
Are you kidding me?
90% of the common and average jobseekers will never take action towards changing the way the look for jobs, despite being rejected time after time.